- 1 What are the top 10 line dances?
- 2 How many steps are in the Electric Slide?
- 3 What is the name of the dance move that starts the Electric Slide?
- 4 What’s the longest line dance?
- 5 What is the easiest line dance?
- 6 What are the five basic steps in line dancing?
- 7 What is a 4 wall line dance?
- 8 What is the most popular country line dance?
- 9 What are the basic dance steps in 2 4 time signature?
- 10 What songs can you do the electric slide to?
- 11 Is the Electric Slide a black dance?
- 12 Who sings the new electric slide?
- 13 What is the hustle dance move?
- 14 Who choreographed the dance Electric Slide?
What are the top 10 line dances?
The following line dances are some of the most popular ones across the spectrum of dance genres:
- Cotton-Eyed Joe.
- Chicken Dance.
- Hokey Pokey.
- The Hustle.
- Tush Push.
- The Stroll.
- The Hora.
How many steps are in the Electric Slide?
The original choreography has 22 steps, but variants include the Freeze (16 step ), Cowboy Motion (24 step ), Cowboy Boogie (24 step ), and the Electric Slide 2 (18 step ).
What is the name of the dance move that starts the Electric Slide?
The Electric Slide is most often performed to the song Electric Boogie by Marcia Griffiths.
What’s the longest line dance?
The largest line dance involved 18,431 participants and was achieved by Beijing Redance League Technology Co. Ltd., (China) in Xianghe, Hebei, China on 7 November 2015. The dance lasted for 5 minutes and 22 seconds and the participants had spent 6 months practising in order to make sure they all danced in unison.
What is the easiest line dance?
20 Beginner Line Dances You Need to Know!
- Cupid Shuffle.
- Electric Slide.
- Power Jam.
- Cowboy Hustle.
- House Party.
- Watermelon Crawl.
- Black Velvet.
What are the five basic steps in line dancing?
Line Dance Basic Steps
- Brush – A sweeping movement with the ball of the foot against the floor and ending in the air.
- Cha Cha Cha – A 3 step movement counted to 2 beats.
- Charleston – A 4 step pattern.
- Coaster Step – A 3 step pattern to 2 beats counted 1 & 2.
What is a 4 wall line dance?
Line dances are danced in reference to WALLS, either 4 – wall, 2- wall, or 1- wall. Lets say a line dance is a 32-count, 4 – wall line dance. This means you will dance 32 counts on each of the 4 walls. If the line dance is a 32-count, 2- wall line dance, then you will only face front and back for each 32 counts.
What is the most popular country line dance?
We’ve wrangled up a list of the most popular country line dances that are sure to get your boots tapping!
- Electric Slide.
- The Cowboy Cha Cha.
- Double D.
- Tango with The Sheriff.
- Bring on the Good Times.
- Tush Push.
What are the basic dance steps in 2 4 time signature?
BASIC DANCE STEPS IN 2/4 TIME SIGNATURE
- Touch step Point, close.
- Bleking step Heel-place, close.
- Close step Step, close.
- Hop step Step, hop.
- Slide step Slide, close.
- Cross step Step, cross or Cross, step.
What songs can you do the electric slide to?
134 ALTERNATIVE SONGS FOR THE ELECTRIC SLIDE LINE DANCE
- “A Little Less Talk & A Lot More Action,” Toby Keith.
- “A Mover La Colita,” Sonora Dinamita.
- “A Night to Remember,” Shalamar.
- “Addicted to Love,” Robert Palmer.
- “All Night Long,” Lionel Ritchie.
- “All She Wants to Do Is Dance,” Don Henley.
Is the Electric Slide a black dance?
The dance has a long pedigree, with black roots and widespread branches. It has become massively popular at parties and weddings, and is often called the Candy Dance. And that’s the Electric Slide. Rooted in black culture, very widely known, accessible, adaptable, inclusive.
Who sings the new electric slide?
Provided to YouTube by The Orchard Enterprises [ New ] Electric Slide · Bobby Morganstein The Complete Misscellaneous Party CD ℗ 1994 Bobby Morganstein Productions Released on: 1994-01-02 Music Publisher: Creative Funk Entertainment Auto-generated by YouTube.
What is the hustle dance move?
The hustle is a fast-paced partner dance, related to swing, and commonly danced to disco and modern pop. The hustle involves four basic moves: stepping, twirling, chicken dance, and turning. With a little practice, and commitment to memorization, you will be dancing the hustle in no time!
Who choreographed the dance Electric Slide?
The Electric Slide slithered out of ’70s disco venues to global popularity. But choreographer Richard Silver says his creation has lost key steps in more recent representations. He’s considering a suit to protect the artistic integrity of his dance.