- 1 What should my dance resume look like?
- 2 How do you write a dance CV?
- 3 What are special skills in dance?
- 4 How do you write a dance teacher resume?
- 5 What are 7 things you should include on a dance resume?
- 6 What skills do I put on a resume?
- 7 What is a CV vs resume?
- 8 What is a dancer CV?
- 9 What are extracurricular activities in resume?
- 10 What makes a good performer in dance?
- 11 What styles of dance are there?
- 12 What are the basic skills in folk dance?
- 13 What skills does a dance teacher need?
- 14 What are the responsibilities of a dance teacher?
- 15 How can I become a good dance assistant teacher?
What should my dance resume look like?
As with a normal CV, your dance resume needs a header that outlines your personal information. This includes your full name, phone number, email and address. Dance Spirit magazine also recommended that you include your date of birth, height and weight in your header.
How do you write a dance CV?
Format the resume.
- Include personal information at the top.
- Present performance experience in columns.
- List your dance education and training.
- Write a “Special Skills” section.
- Include a photo on your dance resume.
What are special skills in dance?
- a thorough knowledge of dance and its related issues.
- physical fitness, stamina and perseverance.
- motivation and discipline.
- communication and interpersonal skills.
- confidence and self-belief.
- adaptability to the different disciplines of TV, film and theatre.
How do you write a dance teacher resume?
Job Objective Seeking the position as a Dance Teacher in a school with the means to grow and where my teaching skills can be used to their fullest. Highlights of Qualifications: Hands-on experience and professional training in vocals and dance movement. Exceptional knowledge in choreography and instructional potential.
What are 7 things you should include on a dance resume?
How to write a dance resume
- Create a list of your dance background.
- Review the description of the position or role.
- Format your resume.
- Add personal information first.
- Detail your dance experience.
- List your dance education and training.
- Highlight your industry awards or honors.
- Showcase any relevant special skills.
What skills do I put on a resume?
What are the best skills to put on a resume?
- Computer skills.
- Leadership experience.
- Communication skills.
- Organizational know-how.
- People skills.
- Collaboration talent.
- Problem-solving abilities.
What is a CV vs resume?
The CV presents a full history of your academic credentials, so the length of the document is variable. In contrast, a resume presents a concise picture of your skills and qualifications for a specific position, so length tends to be shorter and dictated by years of experience (generally 1-2 pages).
What is a dancer CV?
Relevant experience – Give a well-rounded summary of your dancing experience. You could mention the number of years you’ve been working as a dancer, the choreographers and/or companies you’ve worked with, the venues you’ve performed at and the type of roles (TV, commercial, theatrical etc…) you’ve gained.
What are extracurricular activities in resume?
Six extracurricular activities to add to your CV
- Sport. Playing sport is a great way to demonstrate everything from team work to dedication, so why not mention it in your CV?
- Foreign languages.
- Volunteering & fundraising.
- Job-specific activities.
What makes a good performer in dance?
Ability to Focus Another essential trait that makes a great dancer is the ability to really focus. Dancing is a crafted skill that comes through much dedication, discipline, motivation, determination, and above all – focus. Like with anything, dancers will experience good days and bad days.
What styles of dance are there?
Here is a list of the most popular types of dance:
- Hip Hop.
- Tap Dance.
- Folk Dance.
- Irish Dance.
What are the basic skills in folk dance?
10 BASIC FOLK DANCE STEPS
- HABANERA STEP. – step, close, step.
- MINCING STEP. CROSS STEP.
- GUESS ME! Thank You.
- STEP SWING. – step, swing.
- ITIK-ITIK. PANDANGO SA ILAW.
- TINIKLING. – slide, close.
- MAGLALATIK. SAYAW SA BANGKO.
- HOP STEP. – step, hop.
What skills does a dance teacher need?
- knowledge of the fine arts.
- knowledge of teaching and the ability to design courses.
- knowledge of English language.
- the ability to use your initiative.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- the ability to work well with others.
- leadership skills.
- the ability to teach pupils how to do something.
What are the responsibilities of a dance teacher?
Dance Instructor Job Description Template
- Ability to teach using various dance styles and methodologies from beginner to advanced level.
- Develop dance curriculums and prepare lesson plans.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of teachers and students.
- Engage, encourage, and motivate students to reach their goals.
How can I become a good dance assistant teacher?
How to be Effective as a Teacher’s Assistant
- Don’t wait to be asked especially when you’ve been assigned small tasks that are done for each lesson (like taking roll or handing out stickers at the end of class).
- Be unobtrusive.
- Don’t be a distraction.
- “Sandwich” your corrections between two good things.