- 1 How many steps are in the Electric Slide?
- 2 What is the name of the dance move that starts the Electric Slide?
- 3 What are the five basic steps in line dancing?
- 4 What is the easiest line dance?
- 5 What are the basic dance steps in 2 4 time signature?
- 6 Is the Electric Slide a black dance?
- 7 What songs can you do the electric slide to?
- 8 What is the hustle dance move?
- 9 When did the electric slide became popular?
- 10 Who sings the new electric slide?
- 11 Who choreographed the dance Electric Slide?
- 12 Is the hustle the same as the electric slide?
How many steps are in the Electric Slide?
The original choreography has 22 steps, but variants include the Freeze (16 step ), Cowboy Motion (24 step ), Cowboy Boogie (24 step ), and the Electric Slide 2 (18 step ).
What is the name of the dance move that starts the Electric Slide?
The Electric Slide is most often performed to the song Electric Boogie by Marcia Griffiths.
What are the five basic steps in line dancing?
Line Dance Basic Steps
- Brush – A sweeping movement with the ball of the foot against the floor and ending in the air.
- Cha Cha Cha – A 3 step movement counted to 2 beats.
- Charleston – A 4 step pattern.
- Coaster Step – A 3 step pattern to 2 beats counted 1 & 2.
What is the easiest line dance?
20 Beginner Line Dances You Need to Know!
- Cupid Shuffle.
- Electric Slide.
- Power Jam.
- Cowboy Hustle.
- House Party.
- Watermelon Crawl.
- Black Velvet.
What are the basic dance steps in 2 4 time signature?
BASIC DANCE STEPS IN 2/4 TIME SIGNATURE
- Touch step Point, close.
- Bleking step Heel-place, close.
- Close step Step, close.
- Hop step Step, hop.
- Slide step Slide, close.
- Cross step Step, cross or Cross, step.
Is the Electric Slide a black dance?
The dance has a long pedigree, with black roots and widespread branches. It has become massively popular at parties and weddings, and is often called the Candy Dance. And that’s the Electric Slide. Rooted in black culture, very widely known, accessible, adaptable, inclusive.
What songs can you do the electric slide to?
134 ALTERNATIVE SONGS FOR THE ELECTRIC SLIDE LINE DANCE
- “A Little Less Talk & A Lot More Action,” Toby Keith.
- “A Mover La Colita,” Sonora Dinamita.
- “A Night to Remember,” Shalamar.
- “Addicted to Love,” Robert Palmer.
- “All Night Long,” Lionel Ritchie.
- “All She Wants to Do Is Dance,” Don Henley.
What is the hustle dance move?
The hustle is a fast-paced partner dance, related to swing, and commonly danced to disco and modern pop. The hustle involves four basic moves: stepping, twirling, chicken dance, and turning. With a little practice, and commitment to memorization, you will be dancing the hustle in no time!
When did the electric slide became popular?
The Electric Slide became popular as a country and western line dance in the 1980s and is still danced to country music today at dances and in bars that play country and western music.
Who sings the new electric slide?
Provided to YouTube by The Orchard Enterprises [ New ] Electric Slide · Bobby Morganstein The Complete Misscellaneous Party CD ℗ 1994 Bobby Morganstein Productions Released on: 1994-01-02 Music Publisher: Creative Funk Entertainment Auto-generated by YouTube.
Who choreographed the dance Electric Slide?
The Electric Slide slithered out of ’70s disco venues to global popularity. But choreographer Richard Silver says his creation has lost key steps in more recent representations. He’s considering a suit to protect the artistic integrity of his dance.
Is the hustle the same as the electric slide?
The same dance that we call the “Detroit Hustle ” other parts of the country call just “The Hustle ” or “The Electric Slide.” And even if some call it the same thing, different states have different music they associate with it.